Attic Services by Jersey Shore Crawlspace
We offer a wide array of attic services designed to protect your family and your home. The best practice to ensure that your attic is free from mold growth and is insulated properly to defend your home from heating and cooling loss is through an attic evaluation performed by a moisture management professional.
We offer a detailed evaluation that is designed to identify common issues within the attic. Our technicians analyze the attic conditions, as well as ensure that it is properly ventilated and insulated.
An Attic Evaluation from Jersey Shore Crawlspace, provides you with the information needed to ensure that your attic is protected from common issues, identify current problems and to prevent large scale repairs in the future.
- Our technicians probe the wood structure at multiple points throughout the attic to determine how much water is held in the pores of the wood. This reading must remain under 20% to ensure that you do not have environmental conditions present that can lead to mold growth.
- We then take readings to measure the relative humidity within the attic. This figure must remain under 55%. Should it exceed 55%, mold can grow while leading to a decrease in energy efficiency. It can also cause dust mites and other problems associated with elevated levels of humidity.
- Our technicians will then assess the ventilation throughout the attic to ensure proper ventilation. Often, we have found that vents are blocked, leading to a trapping of humidity within the attic.
- Following, we assess the integrity of the insulation. With blown in insulation, we ensure that it is dispersed evenly. Often, we find that unequal disbursement throughout the attic leads to heat loss. We check to make sure that your retention value meets or exceeds the energy.gov recommended standards.
- Lastly, we check for pest or rodent activity to ensure that you have a clean, hygienic attic.
Working with Jersey Shore Crawlspace
If you are having water or pest issues in your attic, it is important to take the right precautions and have one of our lead technicians evaluate your home to see what the necessary method to take for your situation.