Crawlspace Doors and Coverings
Unless your home boasts a full basement or rests on a concrete slab, it probably sits on a crawl space. This low-ceilinged area not only allows access to a home's pipes, wires and ductwork. Every crawl space needs an entry that's large enough to let people in and it should be installed correctly to keep moisture out and heat in by being properly secured to the foundation. We use the highest quality materials so that your crawlspace doors and coverings stand up against the test of time.
Choosing the Proper Cover
Crawl space covers exist in a variety of types and sizes, and your specific situation will influence your choice. All good covers will, however:
- Be waterproof and airtight. If water accumulates beneath the home, mold and mildew are sure to follow. An adequate crawl space cover will protect the area from heavy rains and floods while keeping damp air out.
- Open and close with ease. If maintenance requirements or stormy weather should warrant immediate action, no one should have to fight with a crawl space cover.
- Provide comfortable access. A proper crawl space cover will be large enough to admit human beings as well as any maintenance equipment that they need to bring in.
- Be light in weight. In an emergency, the weakest family members may find themselves forced to remove the crawl space cover. Will they be able to do it?
- Suit the climate. The crawl space cover that works well in the Deep South may be inadequate to cope with a frigid northern winter. Some materials will crack in the cold. Other may fail to block sufficient moisture.
- Be adequately sealed, properly framed and correctly secured to the foundation. A custom installation will provide the best protection.
Choosing the Right Material
Most crawl space entrances are subject to weather extremes. Thanks to their vulnerable placement, wooden covers can rot away while metal ones can rust. That's why the experts at Jersey Shore Crawlspace Enhancement recommend synthetic AZEK crawl space covers. Designed with the great outdoors in mind, they'll endure for at least 100 years, resisting forces that bring lesser products to their knees. AZEK crawl space covers are the covers you know will last.
For a quote on sealing your crawl space, please contact Jersey Shore Crawlspace Enhancement. We'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.