Unless your home boasts a full basement or rests on a concrete slab, it probably sits on a crawlspace. This low-ceilinged area allows access to a home’s pipes, wires, and ductwork.
Every crawlspace needs an entry that’s large enough to let people in and it should be installed correctly to keep moisture out and heat in by being properly secured to the foundation.
We use the highest quality materials so that your crawlspace covers and doors stand up against the test of time.
Our crawlspace doors are custom fabricated to your door entry leading into your crawlspace.
Each door is framed using pressure treated lumber, and an AZEK door is installed with hardware.
Our custom fabricated crawlspace doors provide an aesthetically pleasing approach to sealing your crawlspace from the outside environment
Crawlspace Door Covers
Crawlspace door covers exist in a variety of types and sizes. All good covers will, however:
- Be waterproof and airtight. If water accumulates beneath the home, mold and mildew are sure to follow. An adequate crawl space cover will protect the area from heavy rains and floods while keeping damp air out.
- Open and close with ease. If maintenance requirements or stormy weather should warrant immediate action, no one should have to fight with a crawl space cover.
- Provide comfortable access. A proper crawl space cover will be large enough to admit human beings as well as any maintenance equipment that they need to bring in.
- Be light in weight. In an emergency, the weakest family members may find themselves forced to remove the crawl space cover. Will they be able to do it?
- Suit the climate. The crawl space cover that works well in the Deep South may be inadequate to cope with a frigid northern winter. Some materials will crack in the cold. Others may fail to block sufficient moisture.
- Be adequately sealed, properly framed, and correctly secured to the foundation. A custom installation will provide the best protection.
Choosing the Right Material For Your Crawlspace Cover
Most crawlspace entrances are subject to weather extremes. Thanks to their vulnerable placement, wooden covers can rot away while metal ones can rust. That’s why the experts at Jersey Shore Crawlspace Enhancement recommend synthetic AZEK crawlspace covers. Designed with the great outdoors in mind, they’ll endure for at least 100 years, resisting forces that bring lesser products to their knees. AZEK crawl space covers are the covers you know will last.
Contact Us Today About Your Crawlspace Cover
For a quote on sealing your crawlspace, please contact Jersey Shore Crawlspace Enhancement. We’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have.